The health and wellbeing of our staff and training delegates is our number one priority. Therefore there will be some changes to how we deliver our training courses for the foreseeable future.
- We are following UK Government advice on social distancing and hygiene, and we expect all of our training delegates to do the same. This includes:
- maintaining a safe social distance of 2 metres at all times; and
- regularly washing or sanitising hands, particularly after coming into contact with potentially contaminated surfaces.
- If any of the following apply, please do not attend the course. Instead, please contact us and we will transfer your booking to a future course.
- You have any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19, or are generally feeling unwell.
- You live in an area in which increased coronavirus restrictions are in place.
- You have recently travelled abroad and, according to prevailing Government guidance, should be placing yourself in quarantine.
- Joining instructions will be sent out to each delegate in advance of the course, and will include instructions on what to do when arriving at our premises for the first time and how to move around our buildings safely.
Reduced delegate numbers
- The maximum number of delegates on each course has been reduced from eight to five, to help ensure that two-metre social distancing can be maintained during both classroom and practical elements of the course.
- We request that all delegates wear face coverings whilst on site. These may be removed during lunch and refreshment breaks.
- Our training team have also been instructed to wear face masks or face shields/visors when delivering the various training modules.
No physical handouts
- We shall no longer provide printed copies of the course material. Instead, pdf copies will be sent to delegates in advance.
- Delegates should print their own copy and bring it with them.
Allocated desks for classroom modules
- Each delegate will be allocated a desk, which they shall use for the duration of the course.
- Hot-desking will not be permitted.
Smaller groups for practical modules
- To ensure each delegate has a clear view of any demonstrations, and has the opportunity to try out each of the processes we shall be demonstrating, we shall split into smaller groups during the practical activities.
- In cases where it would not be possible to maintain social distancing during a live demonstration (e.g. when describing certain mechanical testing techniques), classroom-based alternatives shall be provided
- Wherever possible, we shall provide sufficient sets of equipment to avoid the need for sharing.
- Where this is not possible or practical, equipment shall be thoroughly cleaned between uses.
- Disposable labcoats shall be provided.
- Where delegates have their own safety shoes and/or safety glasses, we request that they bring them. However, both safety shoes and safety glasses can be provided if required.
- Disposable gloves will be provided, where necessary for practical work.
Lunch and refreshments
- Individual packed lunches will be provided. We will contact delegates in the run-up to the course to confirm their requirements.
- Lunch will be taken in the classroom, with delegates asked to remain seated at their allocated desks.
- Refreshments will also be provided.
- Delegates who prefer to bring their own lunch and refreshments may do so.
Cleaning, handwashing and hygiene
- The classroom will be cleaned at the end of each day of training.
- Hand sanitiser will be provided.